Wednesday, July 10, 2013

free-motion bunnies ~

Bunny poses ~ 
up close at bunnies.... 
Lady Murasaki ~ upside down 
Scrapper's Delight ~ without binding

Quilting done on my darling daughter's 1st quilt. It required tracing bunny shapes, lots of thread tension issues and fatigued arms, but I love it and more importantly so does she. What doesn't show is the quilting on the hot pink flannel. I made a random grass pattern studded with dandelions. Many apologies to the designers of Lady Murasaki, my daughter insisted that the back be oriented in this way!

Now for the interview that I have been wanting to do:
Interview with a 10 year old quilter
What did you like about quilting?
 Ironing the squares and using the lavender spray starch. Smells so good.

What was hard?
At the beginning, when I was learning how to sew, it took me 4 hours to make the first block. The more I did it the easier it became and the last 3 blocks took me only 15 minutes.

Would you recommend this project to someone your age?
I would recommend this to my friends to see what colors would choose the most.

 Do you have any upcoming projects?
Santa bunny hat for my rabbit and I would like to create a Minecraft quilt.

What's your favorite color?
Purple, I chose this color for the binding of my quilt. 

What is your favorite fabric in the quilt?
Hot pink flannel used for the back/front, depending on how you look at it.


I would like to thank my bunny Splat for the inspiration for this quilt.
C~

Now for the binding ~ more pictures to come

No comments:

Post a Comment