Thursday, December 19, 2013

week 1 ~ Holiday Challlenge




 I am participating in The Hectic to Harmonious 28 day Challenge presented for free by Laura Thompson Brady. Each day I have an e-mail with a challenge for that day. The first week set the tone for me and my home.

How do you want to feel ~ calm
How do you want your children to feel ~ happy
 I approached the first two challenges by remembering that if I am not calm no one else is. Our liquid amber tree is a good example of taking life in stride. It is also an example of change. I think I got it at it's most beautiful.

Cross 3 things off your to do list ~
This was easy:
1- No advent calendar. It is hectic to purchase 3-6 small items for each day leading up to Christmas. We do have our advent calendar up. It is a beautiful tabletop house. My 10 year-old is a little disappointed.
2 - We are a family of eight people with 4 in college so Christmas will be smaller this year. We are only exchanging with our kids.
3- It is rather a scaled down to-do. The youngest member of the family wanted a holiday party. It is now a simple hot cocoa and movie get together. Everyone is happy.

Read holiday story ~ We've been reading and watching holiday stories. Sound of Music, Home Alone and the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas are favorites

Tell own holiday story ~ Both my brother and I are born in the month of December. When my parents brought us home from the hospital they set up our carriage under the Christmas tree. It is there that we spent our first days.

Holiday anchor ~ words from the Dali Lama, "There are only two days of the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live."

Light a candle ~ While in my elving room I light a scented candle. It makes the room so cozy

This is probably something I will do each holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment