Saturday, June 14, 2014

Success ~

selfie

zipper


I am really happy with my new bag ~

I used barckcloth that I had in my stash, paired it with Robert Kaufman chambray and lined it with Alexander Henry's Pindar Paisley. I skipped the piping on this bag and played with my variegated threads.


topstiching threads

This was the first Mail Sack bag I made. 




I purchased the pattern and fabrics from Pink Chalk Fabrics. In my order was a cute gift of a pink measuring tape. Thanks!

 The fabrics are Mo Bedell's Hothouse Flowers. I made the piping from a tutorial I found on the internet. The only changes I made was the fusible interfacing. For both bags I used two types. For all the lining pieces, including the strap and pocket, I used SF101. It gives the inside a little structure but not too much. For the exterior pieces, yolk, base and matching strap, I used a slightly thicker interfacing, 911FF. I would definitely make this again and again ~

 I think the birthday girl liked her gift! Happy Birthday Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment