Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ice Cream Social dress final pictures

Wednesday September 29th



So  here are the final pictures of the Ice Cream Social dress process. If you are thinking of making one I would encourage you with much enthusiasm. I read on a blog just the other day that "each Oliver & S pattern is like a mini sewing lesson", I would agree.


The pockets are cute and easy!








One trimmed and ready to turn.








I used a cardboard template instead of sewing a basting line around the curve of the pocket.
 This just worked out better for me.









Both pockets done and ready to apply to the dress.
Posted by Picasa
The yoke cut and pressed with interfacing ironed in place.







 The seam allowance turned and ironed.







Yokes sewn together with button loop added.
Posted by Picasa

Dress with pockets








French Seams for the arms holes.








Dress and Yoke pinned together.






Both sides pinned and ready to sew!
Posted by Picasa
Matching the yoke and dress to the pattern instructions...just double checking!
 I hate to take out seams....








Sewing it all together....

















Topstitching the yoke to the body of the dress
Posted by Picasa

The finished dress. I chose to finish the hem with a single layer of fabric instead of the double layer as the pattern instructs. I think it lays beautifully. My daughter wears it all the time.
Posted by Picasa
Now I need to catch up not only on my sewing but blogging too! I have completed another dress last week from the French book I wrote about. So I need to finish a quilt...oh yikes...by tomorrow! Well that's not going to happen. So next month I will have to be better at my time management. I do have my t-shirt quilt cut out and ready to sew. I only need to purchase the backing. And the turtle quilt needs some attention too! Lots to look forward to.

Happy National Sewing Month!
 Ileen

No comments:

Post a Comment