Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I love freezer paper

Wednesday September 22nd, 2010

As promised I am going to post my adventure making the Oliver & S 'Ice Cream Social' dress. I first traced the pattern using freezer paper, rough cut the pattern pieces,  ironed the freezer paper onto the fabric then cut. Voila!


The freezer paper pieces, pattern and Michael Miller fabric, Ginger Blossom by Sandi Henderson.
I purchased the fabric from a new fabric store in Oceanside...Maisonette. They carry many fabrics, patterns and notions. Nice people and very cute store.
I really like freezer paper because it makes moving the fabric and pattern so much easier without the use of pins.
I can't remember the name of this fabric nor do I have the selvadges, sorry. But it goes cute together. It has tiny little dots all over.
Posted by Picasa



I have to hold hostage our dining room and the large table when I sew. I set up for a couple of days then I put it all away till the next time I have more than 10 minutes to play.
Left over scraps to keep for future projects.

Posted by Picasa

More pictures to come..........

I also have two more additions to add to my list of dresses:

#10 Jump Rope dress by Oliver & S ( I just love the patterns)
It is all cut out and ready to go...

#11 La Robe a Encolure Ronde  by Astrid le Provost (Citronille)

So I will explain the last item on the list...As I wander around the internet I see things that other crafty/talented people make. One such item was a young girls blouse on 'Posey Gets Cozy' and the author of that blog explained that it was a pattern from Citronille, located in France no less. So my search was on to find someone in the US who carries this cute line of children's patterns with no luck. But what I did find is that Mme. le Provost has a book, Intemporels Pour Enfants, with 30+ patterns and instructions, no diagrams, on how to make the patterns. I purchased mine through Amazon UK. Oliver & S and Citronille seem very similar... so you'll see why I like them!

So now I spend my time on Google translate to try and decode the instructions. I did take French in high school but it is no help with the sewing instructions. And the translation I get from Google makes me laugh sometime...like riddles.

 I have traced the pattern onto freezer paper and I am in the process of sewing...I hope it turns out ok

Happy translating

Ileen

No comments:

Post a Comment