Monday, February 25, 2013

boots ~

 
 
February 15, 2013
My boots have served me well and had it not been for my time spent with the Boy Scouts, I might not have known quite what to do with the rapid failure and disintegration of my boots. I had been on countless hikes and all over the world in these boots. It had never occurred to me that they would totally fall apart. We were half way up to the top of Stonewall when I noticed my boots looked funny. The sole was beginning to flap and the foam & rubber were coming out in chunks. With a few elastic hair ties, a leather strap and extra laces I was able to reach the top to enjoy chilly 30 mile an hour winds. On the way down the right boot began to separate and the sole completely fell off. I reached our car with only minor soaking of my smartwool socks...Good thing I brought an extra pair of socks and shoes.

Time for a new pair of hiking boots and who knows where they will take me or I them. I am thinking 'potato chip rock' or that's what some call it. It is the destination on Mt. Woodson in Poway. I saw a article in Sunset magazine some years ago and have always wanted to sit on the ledge of the rock. 

Spring is coming and I am looking forward to more outdoor adventures

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment