Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to ~

bake ~
frost ~
enjoyed ~
Sometimes homemade cakes can come out to dry or their texture isn't quite right. Well after scouring through all my cookbooks and reading several recipes on-line, I combined them all to produce this cake which everyone loved. Yea! I don't know about your house but in mine it is often difficult to make 5 people happy, especially when it comes to cake. I think it was more of the method than the ingredients. I mixed the dry together, then added the liquids and lastly the eggs and voila. These are 9 inch rounds and I think I would use 6 inch rounds next time and have three layers. I love tall cakes.

A storm is coming our way so we are having minestrone soup from Alice Waters cookbook, cornbread from America's Test Kitchen series and, you guessed it, moist yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert while watching hockey. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment