Wednesday, March 13, 2013

fabric and more fabric ~

batiks, kona cotton and many projects ~
pincushion swap and lovely fat quarter ~
I won this in a raffle ~
I have been having fun with my girls, both big and little. I was able to take some time out and go to the SDMQG meeting where we swapped pincushions and fat quarters. So now I have a table runner from Angela and a pincushion from Sandi. It is so much to swap! And forgive me, I failed to take a picture of the flower pincushion I made but you can see in on the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild flickr page with all the other fabulous pincushions. 

I am ready to tackle the second 'Postcards Quilt'. The top is complete and awaiting a back. I have decided on a pattern in the 3rd edition of Modern Quilts Illustrated, Making Waves. And yes I am changing it slightly due to the size of the quilt. Wish me luck! It is 106 x 86 and I had to do a lot of math to figure out how many strips I would need as well as the solid fabric. It was easy once I realized it was easy.

I also wanted to make the cute bunny on Purl Bee's website, before Easter...

So many projects so little time. If only sleep and food weren't so important ~ right?


No comments:

Post a Comment