Sunday, March 24, 2013

still here ~

#7
chain stitching postcards ~ liberating
#'s 6, 7, & 8
#8
We are on break from school but not from our projects. This is a great time to spend an hour or two each day with a big return in the form of a quilt. I think we will both finish our quilt tops during our break and we will see about the back, quilting and binding. That's a whole different process.

Yesterday a few of us quilters gathered at Home Ec Studio in South Park. Chain stitching is liberating. Instead of sewing a complete row of alternating postcards and sashing posts together, I stitched a postcard with a post, one after another. Keeping each row connected, I draped all the rows over a hanger. To my right was another clever quilter who was doing a similar thing but she had strips of fabric that she would sew the individual square pieces. Next time...

My husband and I spent the afternoon having lunch then walking around found a cute shop, Pigment, in North Park. It was one of those perfect, satisfying days.

Spending time doing lots of small things that add up to big things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment