Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quilt guild swap ~ bag

 
 
 
  

 
Learned new techniques and it was fun to play with a new type of fabric. You would have thought I picked this fabric while at Superbuzzy a few weeks ago. I found this tutorial after that trip so I had to search around for fabric I thought that the crafty ladies in the guild might like. So one call to Momen+, in Torrance, did the trick. 

I was hoping that the pink selvedge would show more. Instead of pinning the fabric I used my quilt binding clips. The instructions call for a special foot and needle for the nylon fabric. I decided to see what would happen using what I had and it worked out fine. I used white thread and I am thinking black might have looked better. I just won't say anything...It is perfect just the way it is.

Love the little green birds!

I wonder what the other ladies are whipping up right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment