Wednesday, May 8, 2013

quilts for twins ~

taped, ironed and stretched then pinned ~
done, in need of a quick wash ~ 
quilted by me ~
flannel back ~
Aneela Hoey Fabric ~
The first of two quilts for twins expected in July.

The short of my long story is that in 1995, within a months time, our small family of four moved from an apartment to a new home and then two weeks later I gave birth to a set of triplets. The community that we had moved into welcomed us with anonymous gifts left on our door step. Of the many handmade gifts were cotton, flannel and knitted quilts. This was advantageous because each chose their favorite as they grew older. How better to pay it forward than to give a growing new family quilts for their twin baby girls.

I decided that each of the quilts should be the same pattern but with slightly different focus fabrics. Having raised my multiples I have found they are the same, yet different, so I thought these quilts should reflect this too.


For the second quilt I am using a Beatrix Potter fabric with scenes of animals, flowers and hanging laundry bordered Hanky Panky fabric in a green colorway.
Beatrix Potter fabric ~




little hearts in the small corner squares ~




I imagine lots of playtime, cuddling and fort making with these quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment