Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Beatrix ~

Beatrix final layout

Modern Quilts Illustrated issue #1

I have had this fat quarter set in my closet for two Christmas' .(I am mustering up confidence to free-motion quilt the now gigantic Hawaiian Postcards quilt.) So I measured and cut. I chose Rowan shot cotton for the pink stripes and an RJR light pink for the background. I have three columns sewn together. Four more to go. 
I have enough leftover from the fat quarter set to make another quilt top from Modern Quilts Illustrated issue #4 called  Piece by Piece. My idea was to make one the top and the other the back but I think they should be separate quilts. Perhaps in the same room on different beds? We will see.

On a separate note, I only recognize one of the fabrics in this set. It is the brown one second row from bottom, 4th from the right. Amy Butler? A funny thing happens when we girls from the guild get together at a fabric store or a quilt show. We play name that designer. I am not very good being a new comer to quilting. But we laugh at how nerdy we can be.

If you know the names or designers let me know ~

No comments:

Post a Comment