Monday, October 21, 2013

Fussy cut challenge ~

pillowcases
 
 
ribbon trim and french knots added
 
 
 
I thought a matching pair of pillowcases for a guest room would be a great project to show off Heather Ross' fabrics. We were given scraps/pieces of fabric and the challenge was to create something using the fussy cut method. Each of my pieces were cut to 4 1/2" so I tried to show-off the best of each piece that I had. I think these are a 'go with everything' type of accessory for a little girls room or guest room.

I added little bits of ribbon here & there and added french knots behind the bees to accent the pollen. I backed the piecework with a strip of fabric to protect the seams. All the seams are enclosed for wear and tear and it is finished off with french seams...whew! Sorry just notes to myself...

I love these fabrics and wish I had gotten into sewing sooner. They just make you smile

No comments:

Post a Comment