Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Autumn kitchen ~

 
 
 
 
It was cool and foggy this morning and I had a craving for soup and cookies. So from The Art of Simple Cooking I made minestrone soup but with my additions of leftover spaghetti sauce with meat and ditalini pasta, otherwise known as salad macaroni. It was a spur of the moment idea so I used canned beans as well. As that was simmering on the stove I put together pumpkin cookies from an older cookbook,  Blue Ribbons Cookies, published by Consumer Reports in 1988 I believe. I drizzled them with glaze made from confectioners sugar and light coconut milk. No cow's milk for me. But I know this would be fantastic with a cream cheese frosting too.

 I love this time of year. I get to wear socks and watch the leaves fall from our liquid amber tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment