Saturday, November 16, 2013

in between ~

mise en place ~
  
nuts and fruit on orange bread dough ~
naked bread, finishing bottoms on baking stone ~  
dressed or glazed ~
sliced ~

In between taking kids to school, cleaning and running errands, the everyday things that one does, I made orange cranberry date nut bread from A Bread for All Seasons by Beth Hensperger. I have made it before and forgot how good it really is. After having a November heatwave, rain snuck it's way in, this is the best Fall treat. Perfect toasted.

I assembled my ingredients in the morning, then off to school. Mixed when I was back home and while the dough was rising I was off doing chores. Then back to the bread dough to add the nuts and fruit, more waiting and more tasks to finish. Finally, baking time and sewing for me. Out of the oven and I was off to school for pick-up. The worse part was the waiting to slice till completely cool. Worth the wait.

I have been diligently sewing projects here and there but since most of it is of the elving type I can't post the pictures just yet.

What is your favorite Fall bread recipe?

Enjoy your Fall weather where ever you happen to be


No comments:

Post a Comment