Monday, December 30, 2013

Super Secret Hockey Quilt for Christmas ~

Ready to play?
This is a fabulous pattern and it looks as though we could just step on in and have a good ole time.

Quit top by OCD found here

I chose to use the old time Flying Skate 1978-97 colors, red, yellow, black for the fans on one side of the rink while using the current colors blue and green for the fans in the stands on the other. And a little wedge there on the bottom for the Zamboni machine. The top was quick and easy. I cut, ironed and stitched while re-watching the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. Have to be ready for Season 4!
Vancouver Canuck logo by Artisania
Paper pieced Vancouver Canuck logo surrounded by soft flannel for the back of the quilt. This is the first time I used spray adhesive and I ran into a few troubles which is why this was completed after Christmas. I had to take out the free-motion quilting on one end of the rink. Good thing my husband went to bed. I was up watching The Sound of Music with my little one while taking out stitch after stitch. There was dark blue thread everywhere. I still don't know why things went all caddywhompas. I thought starting this quilt back in October would give me enough time to have this completed by Christmas.

Watching TV and quilting is one of my guilty pleasures ~


No comments:

Post a Comment