Monday, February 17, 2014

My to do list ~


is always changing. I think I have firmed it up and serendipitous moments occur. So I take a happy little detour. 

Besides all the daily chores and getting children from A to B and back again, I had planned to make progress on projects that have been put on the back burner, so to speak. My 2014 was going to be no different that 2013. When on Tuesday, February 4th, I Google searched my husband's unusual last name and the country to see if there was any truth to the family having changed the spelling after coming to America and any other information I might find. Within the next 48 hours we found out that his name is from a tiny island, we have a relative still living there and more importantly relatives in the US and Australia. This is all possible because of one person who was curious enough to research her family. I love genealogy. And it is my pleasure to share the pictures and stories of my husband's branch of the family with the researcher who has written several biographies. One more little piece of the big puzzle.

Liberty of London loveliness

Just as exciting is that I will be taking a little trip. Now I have two more sewing projects on my to-do list. First is the triple zip pouch. I think this will be great for keeping track of the different currency I will be using. And, not pictured here, I will be making a passport pouch by Michelle Patterns. I will have to learn to insert a magnetic snap.

Bloomsbury and Stile collections

And not forgotten is my Liberty Stars quilt. The stars are done and I have filled the tray with the squares for half-square triangles. 270 to be exact. I need to start reading the patterns before I begin and pay close attention to the numbers of things!


These are all the little trimmings from the stars. Sewn together, chain stitched, ready to iron. 272, 1-3/4" squares to be arranged for the back of the quilt. I won't think about that now.

More adventures in sewing and travel on the horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment