Tuesday, March 11, 2014

geranium dress

Bodice with voile lining

skirt added and hemmed

red buttons
Every once in a while I am asked to sewing a little something for a super secret project. I have been wanting to post and instagram my progress during the making of this dress but the recipient follows me on both. A member of the SDMQG gave me the fabric and we hatched a plan. And just in time for St. Patricks Day.

Now that we have properly surprised her I can tell you that this is a well written, easy to follow pattern and Liberty fabric is wonderful to sew. The dress is lined with a voile and accents the little red bows perfectly. There are many options for sleeves and pockets but we went with view A and let the fabric be the center of attraction. I love the little red buttons. 

I would make one again.

I have been away from my blog, doing both secret things and distracted by my upcoming trip. I will be blogging my adventures in a far away land and I hope to find a little bit of fabric along the way.

Now for planes, trains and driving on the left side of the road. How much trouble can one girl get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment