Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lists and things

Wednesday September 15th, 2010

So I wanted to share my list of 12 quilts and 12 dresses I would like to complete. But first I would like to amend my 'Plan'...I thought, perhaps, I would like to have this all done in one year. Then I started thinking if I would enjoy the time spent on each project or look at them  as just another task in the long list of chores I have made for myself. With that said, I do not have a time limit, though I would like to complete a dress and a quilt each month. I think it is a bit more reasonable...for me at least.

I also finished reading  "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman and I discovered that my primary 'love language' is probably Quality Time, although I seem to need a little of each of the 5. So whether the 'quality time' be spent with others or by myself, I really want to enjoy and appreciate all the projects.

There are times when I get off on tangents...mostly from browsing around the internet and I see something I just have to make. So I will take the time to post those projects too.


The Quilts

  1. Pinwheel Dolly Quilt (completed 8/8/10)
  2. T-shirt Quilt
  3. Windows & Frames (made from mens business shirts.Kate Dixon)
  4. Poodle Hugs Quilt (Katy Jones)
  5. Honu Quilt (Lisa Boyer)
  6. Daisey Chain (Brioni Greenberg)
  7. Mod Square
  8. Bedtime Story (Aneela Hoey)
  9. Family Tree Appliqué (Alicia Paulson)
  10. Silhouette Wall Quilt (Alicia Paulson)
  11. Little Houses (Ingrid Press)
  12. Summer Quilt
  13. and something using patchwork hexagons
The Dresses
  1. Ice Cream Social dress (Oliver & S completed 8/21/10)
  2. Yoga Skirt (Patty Young completed 8/10 & 9/14/10)
  3. Antoinne (Citronille)
  4. Wrap Dress (for my daughter)
  5. Shirt Dress (Heather Ross Weekend Sewing)
  6. Coffee Date Dress (The Selfish Seamstress)
  7. Men's Shirt Dress (re-purposing a mens shirt)
  8. Vintage dress for my other daughter
  9. Megan peasant Dress (Sis Boom)
Three more to go....

Tangent #1

Today I did get a few things done, walking around the park, grocery shopping, going to the bank, filing and cleaning. I started a batch of bread, White Oatmeal-Potato Bread by Beth Hensperger from her book A Bread for all Seasons. I'll let you know how it turned out. But no sewing, perhaps another day...

Happy Dough

 Ileen

No comments:

Post a Comment