Wednesday, January 2, 2013

bunny quilt block

attempt #1
looks like a cat with large ears
added top piece lower to make the ears less pointy
added triangles to bottom outsides of ears
Trying to use up scarps of fabric I am attempting to make bunny quilt blocks. I was inspired by the blogger Mer Mag and her Modern Black Cat Quilt and I wondered could I make a bunny. Now I realize that I may be reinventing the wheel, so to speak, because I have no doubt that there is a fine bunny block out there, but where's the fun in that. I am using a 4 1/2" Omnigrid cutting square as the standard size for the 2 blocks that made up the bunny face. Then I thought that perhaps if the face was a tad bit smaller would it look more like a bunny? So I cut down the face block to 3". I have scraps of all sorts of white fabrics from previous quilts I have made. I hope it turns out cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment