Friday, January 18, 2013

Finished Friday ~ Winter Fields quilt


I found a tutorial on Quilts by Rosemary via Molly Flanders pinterest, using Press n Seal, tracing the pattern, then placing it on your quilt and stitching away. The plastic gave me more control of the quilt and the curves and loops flowed smoothly through the machine. I also left the feed dog up and the stitches are more uniform and only a couple of skips. Always learning something new with each quilt.  
 
 
 
 
it does require tweezers 


The only draw back to this method is picking all the plastic wrap our of the stitches. It did not disturb the threads, it was just time consuming.

For a break I stitched the binding on.

Here is the top sans plastic wrap

and the bottom with darling daughter that pieced all the squares together using her Hello Kitty sewing machine. A belated quilt for my husband for Christmas. I am so glad he came into the quilt shop and spied this pattern. The flannels, wools and free-hand motion quilting were all enjoyable and came together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment