Friday, August 2, 2013

2 ~ bow

block #2 - Bow
 It looks like a bow.

My daughters are celebrating their 18th birthday today. Lucky me for having a family, husband, sons & daughters and happy times. In between making birthday cakes, food for their party and general set-up, I slipped away to make this cute little block. Don't ask me the measurements, it was all guess work. It looks almost like the one in the book!

One of their friends came over today, who happens to speak Japanese ( I was so excited) and was able to translate a few of the names of the blocks for me. She laughed each time I turned the page. She thought they were funny names for quilt blocks. Of course my daughters are embarrassed that I would ask their friend for help. 

Happy weekend and sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment