Monday, August 5, 2013

3 ~ Sawtooth

163 Patchwork Favorites
block #3 - Sawtooth

This is what I have realized - It is fun to cut and reassemble, or figure out how things work. This is why I love this book. It is a different way of looking at quilting. I haven't quite figured out what exactly I am going to do with these blocks but something will come to mind. The other advantage to this style of quilting is that it is forcing me to find tutorials, explore new blogs and learn new methods. A whole new world is opening up and I am finding creative energy too. 
My darling husband bought an app to translate the names of the blocks when my daughters friend isn't available. Lucky me, again!

On a different tangent~



 I made two loaves of delicious Japanese milk bread/toast. Recipe found on the 'Lady and Pups' blog entitled The Dreamiest of Dreamy Milk Toast. I used sweetened condensed milk and reduced the sugar from 7 TBSP to 5 TBSP. Mine is not as fluffy as her pictures show but it is delightfully sweet and moist. Perfect for french toast or simply with butter & jam. It is like a brioche but sweeter.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment