Thursday, August 8, 2013

under the liquid amber tree ~



Cabbage Patch quilt top finished

under the tree

The Cabbage Patch quilt was giving me grief! I  made a commitment. The skies have parted and I made a decision and I am sticking with it. I don't know how many quilt shops I went to, dragging my quilt in tow, trying to find the perfect fabric. Well too many and now my stash is even bigger. (Don't tell my husband.) I did have a choice to finish it the way it was, without the two end borders or to keep looking. I was having the same trouble in finding the fabric for the centers of the cornerstones and did the very same thing, kept purchasing the requisite amount of fabric only to decide, once home, that it would not do. One of those fabrics will now be the ends of my quilt. Yea! No more fabrics stores....for now. It is a sweet fabric from Lakehouse called Penelope.

Now to decide the back of the quilt!

Now the other 'squirrel' project ~

Using the scraps of leftover fabric from the Cabbage Patch quilt

 
clockwise starting from the upper left:

4 ~ Richmond 
6 ~ Road of Friendship
8 ~ Greek Cross
5 ~ Streets of London

And I think I have found a little project that they will be just perfect for. I will have to play around before I commit. I think my brain puts things together before I even have a chance to realize it. It is a project I have seen in 'blog land' and have been wanting to join along. I measured my finished blocks and they happen to be all the same which just happens to be the very size they need to be.

So now I don't have to feel guilty that I am making quilt squares for nothing.

 Everything came together quite nicely. I love it when that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment